Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why did you bring me here?

The fun for me of geocaching is discovering new, previously unknown locations right outside my backyard. The better caches I experience bring me to a scenic view, a whimsical sculpture, or a historical location. These caches are always worth slowing down for, an to experience a WOW moment.

In the book by Jeannette Cezanne Open Your Heart with Geocaching: Mastering Life Through Love of Exploration she discusses exploring the 'Why' the cache hiding place important to the cache owner. Sometimes this is tough to evaluate when you are in a shopping center parking lot, and why this hiding location is special to that person.

We need to remember that it is not always the quantity of the cache hides that you have, but the quality too. In difficult times, the moments of enjoyment are sometimes few and far between.



1 comment:

tonka_boy said...

The best caches are the ones that I can read the description, or do some follow up research, and learn something new about the area. That's what makes geocaching fun for me.